Monday : 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
* COME AND ACHIEVE TOURNAMENT VICTORIES OR JUST HAVE FUN TRAINING.
* EARN BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU BELTS.
* LEARN ALL THOSE COOL SUBMISSION GRAPPLING MOVES YOU SEE ON TV WHEN YOU WATCH MMA.
* COMPETE IN BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU AND SUBMISSION GRAPPLING TOURNAMENTS.
* GEAR UP FOR MMA FIGHTING WITH YOUR STRONG BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU AND SUBMISSION GRAPPLING BASE.
* ALSO LEARN KURASH (A THROWING ART THAT COMPLEMENTS BJJ) FOR THE ART OF GRAPPLING ON YOUR FEET.
* JUDO IS AVAILABLE FRIDAYS UNDER HEAD COACH DAVID MALAR. JUDO IS A VERY POPULAR AND EFFECTIVE ADDITION TO YOUR BJJ SKILLS.
Submission grappling is the sport of submitting an adversary. There are several rule sets for submission grappling including the very popular BJJ rules, the ADCC rules and FILA. There are two types: gi and no gi. The difference between grappling and BJJ tourneys that use the same rules is that grappling tourneys are not divided by BJJ belt levels but rather by levels of experience in the sport of submission grappling, typically beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Also, submission grappling, being a sport only, has no belt ranks, and incorporates training regimens and concepts from various origins, such as wrestling, judo, sambo and so forth, and not only from Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. Submission grappling is not limited in scope to its own rules but is also an important part of MMA preparation, strategy and training.
We are a Tinguinha Brazilian Jiu-jitsu school. In 2005 the Canadian Jiu-jitsu Association adopted Brazilian Jiu-jitsu rules for its Sport Jiu-jitsu grappling competitions and for training. The sport of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was developed from Judo in the 20th Century by Carlos and Helio Gracie in Brazil. Its rules were set in the 1970s. It is excellent training for ground fighting (pins, chokes and joint locks.) It is a big help in winning on the ground in judo tourneys. It was popularized in modern MMA initially by Royce and Rorion Gracie at the Ultimate Fighting Championships, proving that pure grappling beats pure striking. We are an official Tinguinha school of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
Call 905-544-9788 for more information.