Sensei – Blackbelt 6th Degree
Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling
Jiu-Jitsu & MMA
- Started Jiu-jitsu in 1979
- Began competing right-away in Sport Jiu-jitsu (MMA) and Grappling tourneys, and also in Wrestling and Kickboxing
- Started my own club in 1991 called the Hamilton School of Martial Arts, my goal being to win a world title, and I did, twice.
- In the Canadian Jiu-jitsu Championships, I took 2nd in ’92; 1st in ’93, ’94, ’95, ’96 and ‘97
- Won the team event at the US Championships in ‘94
- In ’95 in New Zealand at the World’s, I took 2nd in the team event and 5th in the Individuals category
- Won the ’96 World Championships in the Middle Weight category, held in Virginia
- Won the Fighter of the Year award in ‘97
- Took a 2nd at Reno, Nevada in ‘98
- Took a 2nd at Quebec in ‘99
- Won the World Championships for a second time in 2004
- Mickey Dimic is a 6th Degree Black Belt – Jiu Jitsu
- In 2004: was inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Started Judo in 1974
- Started competing right away 3 months later; won my first tournament
- Loved competing; we used to have a monthly club shiai tourney: made sure I never missed one
- Won the Fighter of the Year award at the club every year
- Ever since I won my first tournament, I had the itch to win every one. I always wanted to win a trophy. I was infatuated with winning. I almost never missed a tourney.
- I stayed with Judo for 17 years, competing.
- I have won:
- 14 regionals
- 3 Ontario Judo Championships
- 3 Can-Ams
- In the Canadian Championships I placed: 5th in ’83; 3rd in ’84; 2nd in ’85.
Teaching, Coaching and Community Activities
- Hosted 14 Canadian Championship Tournaments
- Teach a Mohawk College credit course for Law and Security
- Teach self-defence at the following secondary schools: Waterdown; Delta; Cathedral; Orchard Park; Scott Park; Glendale; Corpus Christie
- At elementary schools I teach street-proofing for kids
- Gave a seminar on self-defence to the Bayer Corporation
- Volunteer for the YMCA and City of Hamilton teaching self-defence for abused women
- Hold a yearly Kick-a-thon to raise money for Sick Kids Hospital, the Children’s Hospital and Cancer Child
- In 1998 coached two students from my club to win World Champion titles: Mark Simon (light weight) and Mike Childs (heavy weight). Mark won again in ’04.
- In 2001 coached the Canadian grappling team at the World’s in France
- In 2007, coached the Canadian team at the World’s in the Channel Islands. It earned a Silver medal.
- At the Jiu-jitsu World’s in 2007, my student Adam Hensen became world champion in sport MMA.
- In 2008, wrote the book “Mixed Martial Arts Unleashed” (McGraw-Hill: 2008) for students and fans of mixed martial arts.
- Coach for Team Canada Sport Jiu-jitsu
- Martial Arts Program -Special Needs